Sadly, we do not live in Equestria, where rules and laws seem to be way more relaxed.
For this reason, we prepared this list to ensure everybody and everypony stays safe and sound during the convention! These rules apply within the entire Czequestria convention grounds and may be changed without prior notice.
The attendees must read and respect these rules. Tirek didn’t and look where he is now.
You can e-mail us with your questions at email@example.com (in English, Czech or Slovak language).
Measures against Covid-19
Currently, there are no legal covid-19 restrictions for organizing or participating in cultural and social events in the Czech Republic. However, due to the circumstances and recent events, we ask you to follow these recommendations, which should be taken without saying for all potentially infectious situations.
- If you have symptoms of illness, or there is a risk of transmission of infection from you to other visitors, avoid participating in the event! Not only can you infect those around you, but it won’t help your health either. Visibly sick visitors will not be allowed to enter the venue.
- Even people from risk groups (e.g., with reduced immunity) are interested in participating in cultural events – therefore, please respect the wish to cover your mouth and nose with a mask when talking to people who ask you to do so. The same applies to keeping a safe distance.
If the epidemic situation changes, measures against covid-19 at the event may be adjusted according to the current situation.
Entry and tickets
- You will be asked to present your ticket (English or Czech version – either printed on an A4 paper sheet, or displayed on a mobile device display) along with your ID (citizen ID, passport, or driving license) at the entrance. Afterward, you will be given your entry ticket/badge. Attendees under 15 years without accompaniment will present a “Form for admission” instead of an ID (see below).
- Please keep the ticket/badge on you at all times and wear it visibly.
- With your ticket, you are allowed to enter and leave the convention at any time during the program without any further checks.
- Tickets are bound to the name and age of attendees. It’s possible to transfer the ticket to someone else, but the deadline is 2 days prior to Czequestria’s start date!
- You can get a full refund for your ticket if you cancel it no later than 2 weeks (for standard tickets) or 30 days (for sponsor and super-sponsor tickets) prior to Czequestria’s start date!
- It’s possible to buy the ticket for somebody else – simply fill in the details of the ticket holder.
- Children under 11 are admitted for free, however, they need adult accompaniment. In this case, please register the accompanying person for the ticket. In “Note to registration” state “Accompaniment”, and how many kids will you bring along (within reason – Fire and Safety regulations apply).
- There is a limit of one ticket per ticket holder. Although it would be nice to have a millionaire pay for all of them, having just one person at the entire con would be rather… strange.
- We reserve the right to cancel and refund the ticket in any serious case. Although we do not expect to ever use this rule, it has to be here for legal reasons – so yeah, here it is.
Attendees under 15 years of age
- CZ/SK bronies z.s. or any of its organizers and staff cannot be held responsible for the behavior and actions of visitors within the convention grounds, nor for any injuries or damages caused.
- Attendees under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/responsible guardian.
- Attendees from 12 up to 15 years may attend the convention without their parent or responsible guardian, however, they will have to present a signed letter (filled “Form for admission”) from their parent or legal guardian. This letter includes the name and date of the event, the name and birth date of the attendee, as well as the name and phone contact of their parent or legal guardian. This letter will be required for obtaining the entry ticket at the entrance of the event.
- The Form for admission of visitors from 12 up to 15 years of age can be downloaded here.
Behavior – keep it cool!
- At all times, please adhere to instructions provided by the staff or the volunteers.
- Czequestria is a “family-friendly” convention – therefore no sexual, political (from a real-world; Solar Empire vs. New Lunar Republic is, of course, okay), or otherwise inappropriate content should be displayed or featured. Breaking this rule will get you a swift ride out of the convention grounds and ticket cancellation without a refund!
- Although the venue will be our own bit of Equestria for the weekend, the laws of the Czech Republic still apply and will be upheld. Breaking the laws will not be tolerated – this includes the usage of illegal substances and symbols.
- Thank you for using rubbish bins, but only for rubbish disposal – don’t wear them as a hat!
- It’s forbidden to connect devices to local sockets without previous consultation and permission from the staff.
- Goods and merchandise may be only sold in a designated area and only by vendor pass holders. Let’s keep it fair for those who paid for their passes and put a lot of effort into making their goods.
- This event takes place in conference halls. Please do not run or shout on the premises, refrain from eating in the halls, and keep your voice down so that the presenters can do their job!
- Please be polite towards the other attendees, staff, and guests – explaining a problem calmly will get you further than shouting!
- Any threats against guests, organizers, or other attendees during the event or in advance will not be tolerated and may lead to the ticket cancellation without any refund!
- Guests and staff will need their rest. Please don’t bother them in their free time and let them relax.
Safety, Security, and Salmon
- You may use skateboards, rollerblades, scooters, and such as part of cosplay. However, it is forbidden to use them as a means of transportation.
- Emergency exits must not be obstructed at any time. During an emergency, please do as instructed by staff and clear out the way for emergency services.
- In case of fire, please notify the staff and (if present already) fire services by shouting “FIRE!”. Follow the instructions of the emergency services and don’t try to extinguish the fire on your own.
- All lethal and nonlethal weapons and their realistic replicas are forbidden. This also applies to airsoft, paintball or laser guns, or anything explosive (e.g. fireworks).
- LARP and safe-to-use soft weapons are allowed for cosplay purposes
- Staff’s rulings on safety are always supreme. If you are unsure about your cosplay accessory, please contact us via email or via website/forum to make sure, thank you! You are saving us and yourself time in the case that we would have to disallow entry with a dangerous item.
- Possession of any weapon that is forbidden by the Czech laws will be resolved with the state police. There is no point in bringing such items to a My Little Pony convention.
Food, drinks, and all sorts of hay
- Please do not bring your own food and drinks to the venue. The same applies to food and drinks bought outside the venue. Please follow basic hygiene rules when eating or drinking of food and drinks bought at the bar and dispose of your rubbish in the provided bins.
- One minute away from the venue you can find a shopping mall with restaurants and a supermarket where you can enjoy many kinds of meals. There are also traditional restaurants nearby.
- Home-baked muffins and cupcakes/cookies for showcasing your baking skills to others (including the sampling procedure) are encouraged!
- Everybody and everypony are responsible for their own belongings.
- Please try to follow rule “6-2-1”: at least 6 hours of sleep, at least two meals, and at least one shower every day; and do not forget to stay hydrated (with soft drinks) – especially during the hot summer. You will be able to enjoy Czequestria more and the other participants as well.
- Drunken visitors or visitors under the influence of any drugs will be escorted out of the event and will lose their tickets. We would like to remind you once more that all Czech laws do apply to the event grounds. All lawbreaking activity, especially the consumption of illegal drugs, will result in a police call.
- For smoking please use designated areas outside the convention building to not annoy other attendees. This includes water pipes/hookahs, and electronic cigarettes.
- Any form of camping is forbidden. The building has its own security services and they will lock it down after us.
- Live animals of all sorts, including small pets, are not allowed. Exceptions to this are service animals for people with disabilities. In case you are attending with a service animal, please e-mail us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The staff and the volunteers are here to help – do not hesitate to ask them for advice, help, or to share a complaint. If an unusual situation occurs, please consult the staff rather than trying to resolve it on your own. Thank you!
- Violation of any rules stated above may get you expelled from the convention grounds without a chance for a refund or re-entry.
- List of places where audiovisual materials from the event (taken by the association) can be published: