Cosplay is a traditional part of any fan convention, including ours! So if you are thinking about creating a costume of your favourite character then go for it! It’s most certainly welcome and if you’ve never tried it before, don’t worry – it’s great fun!
Cosplay is another whole new level of how to enjoy the convention. Thanks to cosplayers, the convention gains not just in colours, but in atmosphere too, and it’s just great experience for everybody! It’s also a great topic to talk about with random strangers and to get that fire of friendship started – most of the organizers of Czequestria can confirm that!
Do you want to show your hard work or acting skills or just to have some fun?! Then sign up for the Cosplay show! We do not apply any strict rules (apart from common sense & safety ones)
Why not hold a classic competition but a show? Well because cosplay is mainly about fun and meeting people! Not about who has the most detailed mosaic on their gear! So that’s why we support casual cosplaying for fun! To prove this, many of the Czequestria’s organizers are casual cosplayers and we’ve never won anything but the fun we’ve had cannot be replaced by any trophy!
- Arrive at least 20 minutes before the show (exact time will be announced in the convention schedule). You all will be placed in line according to your assigned numbers.
- Walk in and act & pose on stage for up to 2 minutes.
- There will be markers on stage showing you the “walk check-points” – keep calm, stay a while on each for photos to be taken!
- You may roleplay or shout out or “do your special thing” instead of just a plain walk-in! Up to you!
- For the best and the most original cosplayers there will be reward. We will be judging traditionally by craftsmanship (how well made & detailed), originality and roleplay (of your chosen character) – results will be announced on Sunday at awards ceremony.
- There will be a wireless microphone available – please do not misuse it for profanities but use appropriately to your role-playing character and do not drop it!
- No Gore/R34/Explicit or similarly offensive cosplay allowed
- No political or extremist propagation (real life ones; Lunar Republic/Solar Empire is okay!)
- Not sure of your cosplay? No problem! Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with COSPLAY as the subject!
- Live or Dummy weapons are prohibited (exclusion are safe soft/LARP weapons, contact us on email@example.com with COSPLAY as the subject for more info!)
- Spikes and sharp bits must be dull and not be a possible health/risk hazard!
- We reserve the right to reject any cosplay if it is deemed dangerous or inappropriate.